Orthodontic treatment at the Supradent Clinic in Warsaw is available for patients of all age groups. Patients of the developmental age are looked after by an experienced paediatric orthodontist. Adult patients are offered a wide range of fixed orthodontic appliances. At our clinic we provide the latest solutions, state-of- the art orthodontic appliances and the very best quality of service.
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that is concerned with the diagnosis and correction of improper bites (malocclusion) and other teeth irregularities. First and foremost the treatment involves the correction of improper bites with the use of fixed or removable orthodontic appliances. Orthodontics also includes treating the disorders of the temporomandibular joint (temporomandibular dysfunction), masticatory dysfunction and the elimination of speech defects resulting from the incorrect bite. Orthodontic treatment is available to school-age children and adults.
Types of orthodontic appliances used in treatment
At our clinic we use the materials of only the most reputable leading orthodontic companies. Our wide range of orthodontic appliances include:
– these are meant exclusively for children of the developmental age and worn only for a certain/limited amount of time a day. Braces can be worn on the upper or lower teeth or on both. They consist of elastic acrylic elements and wire arches, clasps and springs. To satisfy the preferences of the youngest patients they are available in different colour versions.
– these are attached permanently to the teeth (are not normally taken off until treatment is completed) and are meant for patients of all age groups. They are very durable and highly effective.
The main types of fixed appliances used in orthodontic treatment include:
– these are standard and the most common form of a fixed orthodontic appliance in use. They consist of metal brackets, rings and ligatures (commonly known as elastics) available in different colours. To those allergic to nickel, titanium braces are offered.
– these are far less conspicuous than the traditional metal braces. Recommended to those who appreciate a very ‘discreet’ treatment. The following aesthetically pleasing solutions are offered:
- lingual appliances, sometimes called ‘inside’ braces – these are attached and secured behind the teeth (on the inside surface of the teeth). This hides them from view, making them unnoticeable to others. In addition, they decrease the risk of dental decay and decalcification of the outside surface of the teeth.
- self-ligating appliances (e.g. Damon braces) – these do not need the use of ligatures. The archwire is mounted using the internal clip mechanism built into the brackets.
- porcelain (ceramic) appliances – braces with discreet tooth-coloured ceramic brackets.
- crystal appliances – clear braces with brackets made of synthetic crystal.